- With all the raging water through our creek and the big pond where the creek is feeding into, we did notice this beaver on the side of the road.
- Husband Pieter did take some photos of it.
- Quite impressive in size; over 35" or 89 cm!
- We learned that their weight is from 28 to 70 lb or 13 to 32 kg.
- Their tail alone measures over 10" or 25 cm.
- This one was dead, but I still love to show it; no wounds, nothing.
- It measures over 35" or 89 cm as that is the total length of this yard stick.
- You see husband Pieter's shoe, just for comparison...
- This one probably weighed around 30 lb or 13.6 kg.
- Check out the two links below this post for more info about their amazing consumption of 200 trees annually! They are HARD workers and also can do lots of damage.
- The tail alone is 10" or 25 cm long!
- Look at its feet...
- Great fur too...
- Would make a nice Russian Hat!
- Here you very clearly see its foot and the large 10"+ tail...
- Face is not really visible but it has tiny ears...
- Have you ever encountered a beaver in your area?
Castor canadensis American Beaver some interesting facts about beavers from the University of Michigan
Fooled by Nature video link about beaver dams