- Just feel like showing you where we found this beaver.
- NOT on our property and as Fabby's Living wrote: 'I just love how the beaver just posed for your camera...so adorable!!' Sorry Fabby, but that beaver did no longer pose, it was dead.
- Guess that TexWisGirl and The Smart Cat were right about this beaver heaving been a flood casualty.
- It sure was not killed by car as Madelief suggested. As I already stated right at the top; it was dead but no wounds, nothing.
- Johanna from Silber+Rosen did mention that I'd never mentioned this beaver in our wood garden. At least we have NEVER EVER seen any beaver damage but it lived just around the corner from our street, near the big pond. Our creek runs through that pond, underneath the road.
- There is another creek a bit further and at its banks more or less we found this beaver on the side of the road. Probably got washed out of his house! We did have some 18" or 45.7 cm of rain in a couple of days!!!
- So please look at this Aerial photo that I took from my Bing Business Portal Mariette's Back to Basics on line.
|Bing Mariette's Back to Basics|
- The blue dot is wrongly placed by Bing and by Google.
- But in red, at the top of this aerial view, I have marked and pointed at our home.
- Below the red words 'Our Home>', you find the BIG pond and a bit further where another creek runs, through a wooded area with a lot of trees, that's where we found this beaver! Where the arrow (chevron) points.
Hope this does clarify that it was NOT on our property. Thanks for your time and yes, nature is amazing, especially for both of us coming from such a densily populated country like The Kingdom of The Netherlands! We treasure this property and hope we can manage to stay here for a long time to come.