- We used to have two beautiful Clematis Armandii vines but we lost the biggest one... Will show you later a photo of it. Too bad that those things do happen as this is a very hard to cultivate vine, Clematis Armandii: Wayside Gardens also has Clematis 'Apple Blossom'. Ours came from the Durio Nursery years ago and Pieter has managed to have some cuttings; hope they will survive! It is a spectacular evergreen vine with fragrant blooms in early spring!
- This photo is taken on March 10.
- This beauty we lost... Photo is from April 2, 2010... There is some chocolate vine 'Akebia quinata' growing into it.
- This one is younger, grown from our own cuttings too and it is on the fence between our neighbors and us.
- Still lots of buds to open up.
- Again, we can enjoy these blooms from our bay window view.
- Only one day later but now with full sun and blue sky.
- Photo taken from our neighbor's property towards our home and around noon.
- Above you can see the blossoms of the Red bud tree 'Cercis Canadensis' that is blooming now.
For those in the area; Book an Event at Mariette's Back to Basics for a Garden Tour.