I've missed reading your blogs and could not produce any writing as planned, due to a severe bladder infection. But the antibiotics are kicking in and I'm starting to feel better. The pain is gone and I can concentrate again on my work. On my BlackBerry I did receive a very surprising comment from my 150th follower and she wrote that she'd passed on an Award for me. That was very pleasant medication for me to take today! THANKS A MILLION MARIAN from SCHUNSLAND Blog.
Since it is my 5th Blog Award, I have put it into a golden frame... Love the heart in it and I will try to pass it on to others, using my heart as best as I can. The request was that I do select those that don't have that many followers yet... in order to help them get acquainted in the blogger's world. The number of followers might not reveal everything, but I'd like to add my own version of judgement for passing it on to those that I do admire. For a reason of bringing personal content to their readers. Not just copied from some place else on the Internet. No, for using their own personal view on life or on how they share their way of making a home more cozy and like a real nest. Not trying to copy the majority, but by being themselves and creating a safe haven for their family; children and pets. Friends included of course. We cannot all be artists or creative photographers let alone designers of posh homes and interiors, that only a few can afford right in the middle of an economic crisis world wide. No -- common sense, and that shared with others, is far more reaching than some pretentious bloggers that only look down from their imaginary pedestals. Sorry, but I'm kind of allergic to anything fake.
- There is Marcia from BlessedMom's Simple Home whom I admire. Check her labels out -- she writes refreshing about True Life's blessings! Nothing pretentious and she does this by being a mother to FIVE! Guess we all can learn from her. She ought to have millions of followers as she is a LEADER!
- Go with me on a journey and travel to Italy, just south of Rome where Rosetta has her beautiful blog The Romantic Rose with some PURE postings about her lovely way of building a nest and giving love to those dear to her. That is INSPIRATION!
- Lets go to England too where the very smart and creative Bea is posting very worthwhile blogs about how she is enhancing her home and garden in Modern Country Lady. Most of us can learn a lot from her. She's also a leader in common sense aproach.
- There is Victoria from the West Coast of Canada who has a lovely, meaningful blog called appropriately for these difficult times: The Beauty of Balance. She has some good and much needed soul food to share! Nothing to impress or brag about but from the depth of her heart.
- Or going to France for Janny's incredible Rozen van Papier (Roses made of Paper!) that will sooth you mind and de-stress in a way that you never have experienced before. Don't let borders keep you from visiting, they do have a Google Translate bar and photos of their own unique material do speak volumes... She even has a French language blog Roses pour Toujours (Roses forever) that you can follow from the button at the top of her page.
- California is another trip I want to take you on, for visiting the multi-talented Olga from Olga's Home and Garden. She is the kind of centipede lady that can create a wide variety of things with her gifted hands. She does so in a very pleasant, way without being pretentious.
- Okay, I'm going with the biblical number 7... There is one other blogger from Canada whom I admire tremendously: Celia from High Heeled Life We all could learn from her!
Guess this will do as it gives lots to read, lots to visit and share and above all: to ponder about. Hope you enjoyed this little journey with me. For sure I could add several more but let's keep that for next time. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for your visit(s) to Mariette's Back to Basics as that's truly my life's motto.