Goddaughter Elvira did serve such delicious Broccoli Toast while I was in Limburg.
Sure, she is a Lady Chef and an excellent one!
This is what Evira served my best friend Ellie (her Mom) and me...
So, once back home in the USA, I did ask Elvira for the recipe.
- 8.5 oz broccoli rice
- 1.5 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 2 avocados
- flax seeds to garnish
- Heat a frying pan with the coconut oil and sauté broccoli rice for a few minutes. It may just be al dente. Let cool a little.
- Add the eggs and the coconut flour. Mix well and let stand for a while.
- Heat a frying pan and spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the pan if it is hot enough and bake brown. Bake all broccoli toast like this.
- Serve with the smoked salmon, flax seeds, tomato, basil and or avocado.
Sauté broccoli rice
Adding the coconut flour.
Adding the eggs...
Trying to form the toast patties...
Baking them brown...
And there is my very humble version of Lady Chef Elvira's professional Broccoli Toast.
Tried this on July 5th and have been searching for some ready broccoli rice to repeat and perfect it...
So this is it—a humble form of Elvira's perfect Broccoli Toast.
Served on a heated Pillivuyt plate on a Le Jacquard Français linen rose placemat.
In Limburg with Friends | previous post by me